Make sure you mention the bad too…
Often real estate investors make their money from selling a property that has appreciated in value, rather then from the rental income. When that time comes, you must do it right to maximize profit. It is no secret that good number of investors are people who like to do everything on their own. They proudly hang on the sign FSBO (For Sale by Owner) and wait for buyers start calling. Experienced investors still suggest – get a trusted real estate agent who knows your neighborhood to help with the sale. Not only that – make sure to point any disadvantages of the property or the area to him, so he can be prepared to handle these issues with ease when buyers start poking around for reasons to reduce the price.
The Real Estate Investment Club recommends to use the following checklist when preparing an investment property for sale:
- Clean Everything – hire a cleaning company to help you with all of the detailing work.
- De-Clutter Rooms & Empty Garages – it will make a small home look huge
- Brighten & Lighten Up Rooms – Let natural light in through windows & install bright bulbs
- Deodorize Rooms, Carpets & Vents – fresh baked bread, cookies and cinnamon are welcoming
- Repair Anything that is Broken – don’t give them a reason to make a low offer
- Replace Faucets and Toilet Seats – calcium deposits can make an expensive faucet look yucky
- Paint a Neutral Color – fresh paint gives you’re the highest return on investment
- Play Soft Instrumental Music For Noisy/Industrial Area – helps to block on street noise
- Adjust Home Temperature – make sure it’s comfortable for the season
- Landscape – make sure the exterior stays manicured